How To Naturally Whiten Teeth
How To Naturally Whiten Teeth
At Cambridge Whites, we provide you with three different products to whiten your smile, but it is important to remember a few tips that can help you maintain this brighter smile. These methods may also have whitening effects on teeth that haven’t been whitened. Try some of these tricks to keep you smiling confidently:
1) Strawberries contain malic acid which is a natural tooth whitener. However, it is important to not keep strawberries on your teeth for too long as the fruit acid will attack the enamel.
2) Foods that are firm or crisp are known to help clean teeth as they're eaten. Apples are a good example of this and are a great way of cleaning teeth on the go. Other choices include raw carrots, celery, and popcorn. All of these foods are known as “detergent” foods, as the rough edges act as a cleaner to remove bacteria from the teeth.
3) It may seem surprising but cheese is also known for helping to maintain healthy and white teeth. It is not just the calcium content that helps towards strong bones and healthy teeth, it goes beyond that. Dairy contains fatty acids that help to bind the stain-causing enzymes in teas and coffees, protecting the teeth from their damaging effects. Dairy also helps to break down the acid erosion in the teeth and helps rebuild tooth enamel.
4) Dentists suggest that “the whiter foods you eat, the whiter your teeth will be”. Eating chicken, rice, and fish over highly pigmented foods including beetroot and blueberries will reduce the risks of staining your teeth.
5) Chewing gum is very beneficial when it comes to maintaining a white smile. It helps to clean teeth mechanically by removing debris and stimulates the production of saliva, which neutralizes acid in the mouth. If there is a sugar-free version, even better!
Change Up Your Brushing
6) When brushing, look for fluoride in your toothpaste. It is best to spit rather than rinse after brushing your teeth so the fluoride stays in your mouth for longer. This is especially important for the night-time brush so the fluoride can coat your teeth while you sleep.
7) Baking soda is a natural teeth whitener and is used in many kinds of toothpaste. Try mixing 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda with water and applying this to the teeth with your toothbrush. It will not damage your teeth but they will appear gradually whiter over time.
8) Use coconut oil as a mouth rinse to wash away any lingering bacteria. This is known as oil pulling. Use a tablespoon of coconut oil and swill in the mouth for as long as you can - the longer the better, 15 minutes is the ideal time to see results.
9) Flossing can remove some staining between teeth, making your smile instantly look whiter. Try to floss several times a week as this will not only improve gum health but you will also notice your smile looking brighter.
10) For an instantly whiter smile, try red lipstick with blue undertones. This trick can put a confident smile on your face in seconds.
Let us know what else you have noticed keeps your smile bright. Or if you are looking for a more long-term solution, check out our full range of Teeth Whitening products here.